Sohtrie's Source
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sohtrie's Source

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Open For Business

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Yukina

Synch Points : 500

Open For Business Empty
PostSubject: Open For Business   Open For Business Icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2013 9:19 am

Downtown MadCross. It was late, or at least, she thought it was late. The sky was always dark in this dimension, only faintly lit by the glowing blue bulb in the sky and thousands - perhaps hundreds of thousands - of twinkling stars. It was beautiful, of course, but time began to become distorted when it was dark all the time, and deep deep down, in the depths of MadCross, the effect was only intensified. The Downtown district was quiet, at least, most had retreated home for the night... but there were always a few about. MadCross never truly slept, it paid to keep one eye open in this place.

There was a bar, on the outskirts of the district, with the windows all covered and a sign hanging from the wooden door reading: ''CLOSED FOR RENOVATIONS". It was nothing much from the outside, pallid and without much appeal, the paint was peeling and the woodwork failing. The inside was nothing more, precisely what you would expect from a business purported to be undergoing renovation, labourers tools strewn across the vastly empty room, paint tins stacked in one corner oozing their contents from their unfastened lids and various other implements scattered here and there. Admittedly, to any observer the construction and revitalisation of the building was coming along quite nicely and would likely be completed in a matter of weeks, or perhaps months, depending on the availability of tradespeople and the sometimes uncertain nature of MadCross. Still, the ground level was not what was of interest - at least, not to the people present now, anyway. Behind the framework of the bar, concealed beneath the wooden trimmed lining, was a button. Once pressed, a little trapdoor opened up beneath where the barman might stand, revealing further still a set of metallic stairs leading down into a basement. It opened out into a network of rooms, rivalling an average house in size, some containing small amounts of furniture but most completely bare. The decor was similar to that of the upstairs, prior to renovation, and works were being undertaken - albeit at a much slower rate - to modernise this portion of the building, too. It had apparently once been the hideout of a gang, a small operation mainly focused on kidnapping and extortion, before it, like so many others of it's kind, died out. Now there were just two gangs remaining... at least, for now anyway.

The first room after the stairs contained the most furniture out of any so far, and at present, the most people. Sitting on the bottom step was a muscular man, a rifle resting on the step beside him, his bald head shining in the golden hued glow of the swinging lightbulb in the centre of the room. He was sitting with his back to the wall, eyes switching between the other guests and the now closed entrance to the top of the stairway. It wasn't so much that they were worried anyone would find them now, just getting into the swing of things for how this sort of operation would flow in the future, should all things go well. The second member of the assembled guests was a young girl, no more than sixteen years old, named Bunny. Or at least, that was the name she went by. She was wearing a school uniform - as she always did - and holding a long, sleek blade in her hand, standing rather close to the first man. Third and fourth were two more similar to the first muscular man, each baring arms and leaning on the wall, simply staring into space. They weren't so smart, but it didn't matter. Quite simply, they weren't picked for their ability to hold a conversation. Fifth was the man seated at the table, he was wearing a raggedy old suit and looking incredibly nervous, understandably, considering who he was seated across from, and what he had just done - or, failed to do.

"So, let me get this straight," Yukina spoke, her mask placed on the table beside her hands, her hair a platinum shade of blonde and her eyes an eerie, glowing amber. "You claim to be the best of the best for gathering information around these parts," she said, her voice disguising the bitter rage she felt, "in fact, you come to me telling me this. Begging me to give you a chance. 'The Motherhood will just kill me, Samdie is the wrong fit!' you tell me, I'm your last option. And then I give you what should be, by all accounts, a simple task. Find the fucking illusionist. I've seen him myself twice, and I've been here what, a week? And you, the 'top investigator in all of Abaddon', come back with... nothing." She took a sip from the wineglass at her fingertips, placing it down again with the utmost delicacy.

"Bunny." She said, the teen immediately standing alert and poised. "What did I ask you to do for me?"

"You asked for a list of all Consuls, past and present, as well as overviews of each sector, including laws and regulations."

"And what else?"

"To kill a member from each of MadCross' two gangs."

"And did you do these things for me?"

The young girl glanced into the next room, a dead operative for the Motherhood lay across one table, and one from Samdie the other. Their possessions had been searched through, littered throughout the room. Bunny nodded, returning to her position by the stairs.

"Bunny proved her worth. These other men will prove their worth, in time. What have you proved to me?" The man was growing more and more uncomfortable by the second, he was visibling receding into himself and panicking. He glanced from each member of the room, yearning for their help, but none returned his gaze. Finally, his eyes locked with Yukina's.

"I-..." he spluttered, before managing to compose himself long enough to form a sentence. "Give me one more chance!"

Yukina held his gaze for a moment, before looking down at the wooden table at which they were seated. There was a hammer and a few nails, which she grabbed, offering him the nail.

"All this construction, this labour, has put me in the mood to try it myself. It looks awfully fun, don't you think?" She asked, to which the response was merely a gulp. "I think I might start by learning to hammer a nail, would you hold the nail up for me?" Her voice was sickly sweet, as if it were dripping with honey. The man eventually obliged, holding the nail up with two fingers for her. She lifted the hammer with her right hand, preparing herself for the task at hand. She tapped it once, then again, the man shook with each blow.

"I might've liked you," she said, preparing the hammer to strike again, "if you weren't so fucking stupid." She slammed the hammer down again, this time straight into his waiting hand. There was a satisfying crunch as bone was shattered, the scream that escaped his lips silenced by the hammer, as it was smashed into his skull. He collapsed in a heap out of his chair, blood pooling and oozing from his wounds. She placed the hammer down, gently, gracefully, before turning to the two standing men.

"Could you clean this up?" She asked, her tone as innocent as a child's, "And send the body off for incineration? That would be just lovely." She stood, pushing out her chair and picking up her mask, pulling it down over her eyes. The warrior moved to the next room, returning with weapons strapped all around her body.

"Bunny. Max." She said, addressing the two by the stairs, "Today we've learnt a valuable lesson, that sometimes things should just be left to the professionals. Us. Come, pets, we have an illusionist to unmask." She walked through the network of rooms, coming to the last one and opening a built-in wardrobe, revealing a small ladder - the back exit. It opened out on to the an alley, requiring a password to gain access the other way, and Yukina waited until her minions were present before continuing on to the main street.

"Come out, come out, wherever you are."
Back to top Go down
Blueman

Blueman

Synch Points : 1330

Open For Business Empty
PostSubject: Re: Open For Business   Open For Business Icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2013 11:44 am

Jake stood outside, staring up and admiring the light reflecting on the waves. He never took moments to pause anymore. There was no more breathing, just killing. He had eternity to wait-- what was the rush for power? Silently, he watched the gentle push and pull of the waves, thoughts drifting more and more away from his goal until he snapped himself back. What was doing lately besides thinking about things? Not much had actually gotten done. No deceit, no deception.... well, deception. Deception on a huge scale. He was leaning back against the wall, hands in his pockets while a few men searched an alley behind him for evidence of the woman he'd met. More than anything, she was bothering him. He lifted his pinky finger to his face briefly, frowning at the missing tip. She was clever, scaring him like this. At most, he could only generate clothes over it. The clothes could be removed though, so his disguises were still... imperfect. A perfect challenge: a fellow illusionist, and a clever person at that. Everything hear had become so boring, but now his plans accelerated even if he did nothing. Altostratus was to be driven to chaos, if events unfolded as he suspected the did in the Kwaon tropical Jungle.

"Did you two find anything yet?" From the ally behind him two men emerged, armed with large-caliber rifles. The stood straight and were adorned with black armor. They were with Samdie PMC-- Jake's favorite. They were fairly experienced operatives good at search and destroy tasks. Or at least, they were supposed to be. As of now Jake was trying to keep them occupied, using their presence as an excuse to be here.

"No sir. Nothing." He nodded expectantly. Jake had been very tired recently, and he wasn't sure why. Perhaps he was just stressed? Excited?

"Clear the building then, there shouldn't be anyone inside. We condemned it because of problems." There could be more excitement right now, but he wasn't complaining. Intervals were good, he'd learned. Pause. Breathe. Think. Continue. Four little steps to a better life, and he'd yet to master them. Patience was not his strongest suit, but he was good at that too. As the men entered the building Jake turned his head to the main-street, staring across and a little over. There were shadows approaching moving about within the alley he gazed at-- what was coming out?
Back to top Go down
Etzolix

Etzolix

Synch Points : 1650

Open For Business Empty
PostSubject: Re: Open For Business   Open For Business Icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2013 10:13 pm

Staring at himself through the reflection of the helmet the reptile listened to the creeks and unstable noises of Descension. Deciding it’d be a new experience he would attempt to actually travel to MadCross without use of portals. This particularly elevator had a screen that showed the area surrounding this elevator. Obviously it wasn’t the other ones but the ocean and creatures within it. There seemed to be a friendlier ecosystem up top where the beach was located but a sinister change was not too far away. In the depths of the water the only light was that of the stars above and of the city below. This middle ground seemed to be the darkest part of the water and had the most deformed creatures. This was to be expected and he wondered if there were certain depths that even MadCross hadn’t trespassed on. The elevator took much too long for his tastes but as the final beep was sounded off and echoed through the water he was almost worried that when the door opened it would flood. This was just paranoia.

Putting his helmet on he used his hand to comb his hair back so that way as it rested atop his skull it wouldn’t hinder his eyesight. The reptile didn’t particularly care about disguising himself but the helmet proved useful in certain regards. In a previous fight in Kingdom Hearts he recalled a man attempted to grab his hair. While the attempt was futile then he could always afford to protect himself against such trivial things of this world. There was also another, more notable, reason. When engaging in head-butts he didn’t always have the luxury of fixing his head so that they would break their nose. This was some type of protection against that and even though it would hurt –depending on how hard he was hit—there would be a lot more damage on the enemy’s skull than on his. The most important factor was that he enjoyed the style of the suit he was wearing as well. It was easy to maneuver in without giving him baggage. Granted, it didn’t regenerate like in the previous dimension but that wasn’t too important of an issue.

Stepping out of MadCross he didn’t particularly care about traveling in here so he made his way towards the roof of a building so he could get a better view on everything. He wondered when he would be able to obtain flight again. That would be useful, even if only for coasting. Noting that there were many gangs afoot they didn’t have a tendency to look up. Well, at least until he found a gang that actually spotted him and started commencing fire. Leading them into a building it seemed semi-in use. It was as in use as it was going to get anyway. Leading them to an appropriately empty room with a single light he would destroy the other bulbs. They seemed to be like poor chandeliers consisting of a single bulb. Was this the fashion of most of these abandoned buildings? Perhaps it was the area he was in currently.

As the gang members followed the lights they would each break. Unbeknownst to them they had become the prey. As a single room was left they entered and noticed that there was no glass shattering. Instead the room went dark with a weird sound. And slowly a melody was formed. It was the same sound but the rhythm of it made it noticeable. Were they in the middle of a performance? There were 5 gang members. The man in the center had been deduced to be the gang leader since he was barking orders to the others before. After four measures a yell had been heard and there was a flick of the light. They noticed that there was one less of them. They were worried but hiding this through the guise of false bravado and machoness. Three measures passed and the scream entered. It was dissonant and slightly off due to the timing of him being taken away. It felt too short, as if—another scream. Only two measures had passed and had they been musicians they would’ve expected the last scream to have happen after a single measure passed. The only member left was the leader of the gang.

He began freaking out and trying to beg for his life. Pathetic, as always. A flash of the light revealed a man in a helmet; Etzolix. The victim didn’t know who this man was but there was movement behind the creature as well that he hadn’t been able to register due to the flickering lights. The melody stopped as the lights came back on. The room seemed normal, excluding the four dangling bodies each having a noose around their neck. The screams from their fall were on cue but their deaths were off the tempo. Luckily, the deaths were silent enough for the man’s panic to ignore those sounds and for him to focus on the melody of the portals that had been opening and closing—a simple, yet effective, distraction.

As the man was on his knees still begging for some type of god to save him Etzolix came up behind him with claws at his throat and whispered. “You are in no god’s favor tonight.” Slitting the man’s throat he would watch him as he died but not before taking away his dignity. Stripping him of his clothes ruthlessly he would stand the man up and kick him into a portal. This portal led to a building across the street he had noticed earlier while on the roofs. Knocking him into a wooden door that read ''CLOSED FOR RENOVATIONS". There was a noticeable thud that would be heard by anyone in the building had it not been closed and the broken man would knock the sign off as he fell to the floor. Squatting down to the man he mockingly said, “I understand you’re panicking but that’s no reason to be rude.” Etzolix hung up the sign to where it once was.
Back to top Go down
Yukina

Open For Business Empty
PostSubject: Re: Open For Business   Open For Business Icon_minitimeTue Jan 29, 2013 8:55 am

Max lead the trio out of the alley, followed by Yukina and Bunny, side by side. It wasn't necessarily an agreed upon formation, just something that naturally happened as they fell into place. As the young man rounded out back on to the street, he suddenly stopped, before back stepping and almost knocking the two girl's over. Bunny's eyes widened, while Yukina just frowned.

"What is it?" She asked, trying her best not to scold him. So far, Max had done a perfectly fine job of being a bodyguard. He was strong, surprisingly agile, and an excellent marksman - she didn't want to ruin whatever professional relationship they were building by chastising him unnecessarily.

"Some men are outside the bar, about to go in." He whispered, edging closer to the corner to take a look. Yukina frowned again, what could they possibly want? The only people who knew this was what is was were the people who had just been there, she hadn't recruited or told anyone else of her plans just yet. So what were these men doing, snooping around. She turned to Bunny.

"Take a look. Tell me if you recognise any of them." For her age, Bunny knew a lot. She knew things about people, about the social climate, she was incredibly tuned in and observant. She peeked her head around the corner, gasping as she turned back to the other two.

"That's the Consul!" She said, in a worried whisper, before shooting Max a glare. He had been a resident of MadCross for longer than her, he should've known that himself. Yukina's hands instinctively raced to her temples, what the fuck does the Consul want with my bar. She paced back and forth, before returning her gaze to her two subordinates.

"Bunny. Go back the way we came - you know the code? - good. Go back and get the others, and come back around this way. Don't come in unless you can hear something going down inside, got it?" The youth nodded, before scurrying back down the alleyway and hurriedly punching the combination into the locked door. Yukina turned back to Max, "Take my arm, try to act normal. We don't want to give anything away, not just yet."

And so, the pair walked out into the street, arm in arm, the image of a happy couple - albeit, armed to the teeth. But that was nothing new, just a day in the life of a MadCross resident. Yukina pressed her forehead into Max's chest, her smile fading to a look of stern worry as they approached the entrance to the bar... she was quite the actress.

"Is this it?" She asked Max, to which he responded with a nod. She then turned her attention back to the men, the would-be intruders. "Consul?" She asked, innocence and curiosity rife within her tone. "What's going on? James here just insisted that I see his new business tonight, but.... is something the matter?" She asked, feigning the controlling girlfriend. She had experience in that field, after all.

That was when the commotion began. The familiar sound of a portal, the same sound Etzolix's had made, and then it appeared. A bloody, naked man was thrown out, through the door and into the bar, and after him a masked, concealed man. She heard the masked man say something but couldn't quite make it out, before shooting a quick glance to Max. Her hand reached for her dagger, whatever this was, she didn't like it. This was supposed to be a secret gang hideout, after all. She wouldn't attack, not yet. She would wait to see what this other man, the Consul, would do before acting. Perhaps an opportunity was presenting itself, in the midst of this apparent disaster.
Back to top Go down
Blueman

Blueman

Open For Business Empty
PostSubject: Re: Open For Business   Open For Business Icon_minitimeTue Jan 29, 2013 11:43 am

"New business?" He turned his head back to the building, and looked at it in disbelief. This junk pile was a business? Who was he to judge? He might come drink here once it was finished. "I have some men inside looking for Motherhood Manikan-types. It'll just be a few minutes and then you can go back to your normal lives." He had spoke this through the commotion, not paying much mind to the naked man being thrown out a portal next to him or the stranger that emerged afterwards. "Well, interesting trick," he sighed. "I need to learn to do that." He mostly spoke this to himself, but did hollar a command to the person who was responsible for the body. "Clean that up would you? The Collectors won't be here for bodies until tomorrow." He then turned to the 'couple' in front of him. Perhaps the woman didn't realize that he remembered her voice, and considering his past encounter with her this was probably a bullshit facade. Probably. He kept in mind that this unlikely scenario was also a possibility, though slim. "So, what's the name of your business?" He was trying to make conversation. "Make sure to talk to the Samdie. They'll keep it in a state of repair, and their protection fees are pretty fair. Its a great idea for the newer businesses. Definitely keeps the riff-raff out."
Back to top Go down
Etzolix

Etzolix

Open For Business Empty
PostSubject: Re: Open For Business   Open For Business Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2013 12:48 am

Sloppy. The word resounded through his head as there seemed to be other people in the vicinity. Luckily for him they weren't particularly hostile and one, if not both, voices were recognizable. He wouldn't receive confirmation on the other until he actually looked at the man speaking but his voice was most definitely familiar. Deciding to not make a portal due to female's voice he had made sure to conceal his identity, if only temporarily, so that he could observe the situation without interrupting or causing some sort of panic on her end. Truthfully, he wanted to see what she had been up to. And despite the fact that this persona of hers was obviously an act an overwhelming feeling of jealousy erupted beneath his skin as the urge to dismember the man she held on to surfaced through the face of envy. It would be obvious who he was if she took the time to notice but there was no need to draw attention to himself when there was a larger threat in front of her. Lifting the body over the shoulder he would carry it into a dump out of sight but nowhere near out of hearing for a bit and would then turn the corner back and watch the conversation continue with his arms crossed. He made no effort in attempting to hide his presence upon returning.
Back to top Go down
Yukina

Open For Business Empty
PostSubject: Re: Open For Business   Open For Business Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2013 1:01 am

"No Motherhood in here, they're not really our style, are they James?" She said, playfully punching his chest, to which he responded with a slight smile and nod. The other man, the one from the portal, simply took the body and walked away to dispose of the thing... but something about him seemed familiar. No... it couldn't be, could it? She managed to drag her eyes away as he rounded the corner, looking to Max to answer the following questions... it was supposed to be his business after all.

"The Blue Lagoon." He said, doing his best to remain natural and calm. "Of course, we don't want any trouble... or at least, as little as possible." He said, with a slight grin. Yukina shot a quick glance as the suited man came back into vision... it must've been him. But what was he doing here? Had he tracked her down after their brief encounter in the Labyrinth? A slight sense of worry was beginning to set in, but as of yet he hadn't said anything, hadn't done anything that might've given the game away, and for that, she was thankful.

"We were going to look around inside, you could join us, if you like?" She said, inviting them in so that at the very least, she could monitor them as they inspected the place. She was confident they wouldn't find the hidden basement, but still, it was best to err on the side of caution in these circumstances. Without really waiting for a response, Max pushed through the door, holding it open for his faux-girlfriend and anyone else who might like to enter.

Meanwhile, below their very feet, Bunny scrambled towards the remaining two thugs, catching them as they poured through the dead man's pockets for any scraps of change. He hurriedly told them of the situation upstairs, before practically dragging them back through the exit, into the alleyway to await their cue.
Back to top Go down
Blueman

Blueman

Open For Business Empty
PostSubject: Re: Open For Business   Open For Business Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2013 1:31 am

Jake shrugged. "Sure, why not. I could use a drink or three." he wasn't trying to be funny-- he enjoyed being an alcoholic. It had become hard for him to get drunk in recent centuries, and that was a bother. "I'll just call my guys back while I'm at it. They've been working all day; I'll get them some drinks on me." He walked inside, yawning. He was very tired-- maybe when he'd got home he'd watch some television. He hadn't done that in a few months. Get drunk, go home, watch television. Maybe sleep too. He didn't sleep very often anymore. Maybe drop some acid. He was just going with it right now. He raised his hand and extended his pinky, brushing his hair back as he walked past the woman. He let his hand fall into his pocket. "Do you guys have any whiskey? I'm feeling some whiskey right now."
Back to top Go down
Etzolix

Etzolix

Open For Business Empty
PostSubject: Re: Open For Business   Open For Business Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2013 2:09 am

"Don't mind if I do." The reptile said. He was making his presence a dead giveaway and wasn't even trying to hide it but the situation was definitely worth delving into. Turning his head like a confused dog he walked in and entered behind the pompous asshole that was the consul. He at least gave of the air for some reason. He didn't even look threatening. Following into the building he would wonder if she would continue to play ignorant for the sake of the role that was taking part in. Taking a silent sigh he felt things were going to get messy. Was there something with the consul that she wanted? Would Etzolix perhaps take his side if need be or would he just play passive and let things rest? He hadn't yet decided what would be needed of him but as of right now he made it seem as if he held no favor towards either as he entered. Pretending to gawk at things in such a way a stranger would despite the fact that he had a mask on. He sometimes forgot his expressions weren't visible.
Back to top Go down
Yukina

Open For Business Empty
PostSubject: Re: Open For Business   Open For Business Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2013 3:19 am

"Of course, mind the mess - we're still under construction. Whiskey all around?" Max approached the bar, but Yukina quickly intercepted him. She had seen the finger, this man, the Consul... it was him. Or it was just a mighty big coincidence. Either way, she would get to the truth.

"Let me get that for you, honey. You sit down you've had a big day." She knew that he knew it was her. And he must've intentionally have shown her the finger, he wouldn't have been that reckless. And she also knew it was Etzolix who had come in behind everyone. So, basically, they all knew each other but none refused to acknowledge it. No matter, she could work with that. Slipping behind the bar, Yukina reached for a few glasses along the back wall, lining all four up, before crouching down to find the alcohol bottle beneath the bar. She reached in, grabbing the bottle and something else, a small pill, which she dropped with the utmost subtlety into the first glass as she began to pour. The pill dissolved almost instantaneously, and as soon as she had finished pouring the first glass, she held it up, smiling at the illusionist.

"Consul! Would you do us the honour of taking the first drink?" She asked, pushing the glass towards him. She would wait for him to drink - he wouldn't notice the taste - before she began pouring the rest.
Back to top Go down
Blueman

Blueman

Open For Business Empty
PostSubject: Re: Open For Business   Open For Business Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2013 8:29 am

"Don't mind if I do," he said somewhat excitedly. Man, the woman sure wasn't wasting anytime. Could she have known? Nah, he was fine. He took the drink up that he was offered and inhaled, the smell of whiskey filling up his nostril's. "Mmm," he said afterwards. "Its been aged. Goodie, goodie." He lifted the glass to his mouth, and sipped it. That how you treat whiskey. You sip that shit like a gentleman. He placed it down gently, keeping his fingers around the rim of the glass. "Its fine whiskey," he lied. In actuality, it tasted of date rape. He'd drunk worse several time before-- if you can drink ram's piss, you can drink anything. "Can I have your names, guys? It would be more convenient to call you by name instead of something stupid like 'bar wench'," he said these words in a lighthearted tone, following up with a soft laugh.
Back to top Go down
Etzolix

Etzolix

Open For Business Empty
PostSubject: Re: Open For Business   Open For Business Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2013 7:17 pm

Whatever drinks that may have been passed to him were refused courteously. Despite the reptile clearly being in the suit there would be some body language that would make him appear off. The most noticeable was that he'd be a little too shrugged over as he leaned on a wall farthest from the rest of the group, even if the distance was only marginally more than any other respective wall. His usually on point posture seemed to be lacking in this situation. He was also still wearing his claws which seemed a tad bit unnecessary unless he was making it obvious that he was aware that this situation would potentially be dangerous. Even so the reptile tended to not to do such things such as keeping himself armed when he was not in combat and so this was rather odd to witness too. On top this had anyone been paying close attention he wasn't actually moving aside from when he refused the drinks. His breathing was so soft that had he not obviously been a living being moments ago then one could have mistaken him for a decorate statue meant to hold armor of the host's. Observing the man drink the whiskey he assumed it was drugged. Or at least that one of the drinks would be drugged. Or that there was some type of follow up. Perhaps just getting him extremely drunk would be the game plan as well. All that was certain was that he could not trust the actions of any party and they were most likely wary of the fact that he was simply there observing.
Back to top Go down
Yukina

Open For Business Empty
PostSubject: Re: Open For Business   Open For Business Icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2013 6:34 am

Yukina sipped her drink as well, and then Max. She glanced at Etzolix, he hadn't taken the drink. What was he doing? Didn't he realise how out of place he looked? Following them into the unopened bar, lurking in the shadowy corner? She would ignore him for now, as she glanced back to the Consul.

"This is James," she said, gesturing towards Max, "and my name is Alice." She lied, preferring not to reveal her true identity for whatever reason. It was just a game to her, one she wanted to win. She leaned down on the bar, propping her head up with one arm and resting the other across the bench, she gazed at the illusionist, the 'consul', almost longingly.

"Me and James are somewhat new to this place," she said, referring to MadCross itself, [color=lightseagreen]"is there anything you think we ought to know?" she asked, genuinely curious. She had the gist of the place down, but the inner workings, the subtle quirks... they remained a mystery. Perhaps she could use this imposter to her advantage, weed out some much needed information.

((sorry this is short/bad, still sick etc etc))
Back to top Go down
Blueman

Blueman

Open For Business Empty
PostSubject: Re: Open For Business   Open For Business Icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2013 1:20 pm

"Don't mind him," Jake said regarding the man. "He's quiet like that until you ask him the right question." He took another drink of his whiskey, swearing to himself that something was off. He took another, larger sip-- perhaps more flavor would expose the truth. However, though the alarms were firing off in his mind he didn't understand what was tripping them. It could have been any number of things. However, he thought what disturbed him most was that she was lying, and he knew she was lying. In fact, Inarius had confirmed for him her name just earlier. "Well Alice, I guess the biggest thing you need to know is to not let anyone push you around. Should any body come in here harassing you, feel free to kill them. If that's not your style, go talk to the Samdie. They're more than willing to provide protection usually, and they have a fair price that even small, impoverished businesses can afford." Another sip of the drink. He was swearing up and down there was something wrong with it. Watching her movements when she poured the drinks, she could have placed something in the glass. She did come across as clever, after all. Then again, that was nothing really to worry about. It took more than just one date rape pill to knock him out. No, no, it would several. He gently stirred the drink inside by rocking the glass in a circular motion. "Also," he added. "Do not associate with the motherhood. They'll burn this place to the ground unless you surrender huge profit margins to them. Its not easy to run a cult." Once more, he took a sip and placed it down on the counter. "I wonder where those two guys are," he wondered aloud. "It shouldn't be taking them so long to explore this area." With a final sip, he finished his whiskey. "I could use another," he said politely. He glanced to his compatriot. "How about you Inarius?"
Back to top Go down
Yukina

Open For Business Empty
PostSubject: Re: Open For Business   Open For Business Icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2013 10:18 pm

Yukina nodded as he spoke, finishing her own glass and watching as Max downed his. He was warning her about the different gangs, protection, all of that. She had to stifle a laugh, if only he knew what was happening - or, what would be happening - just below his feet.

"Of course, we are quite capable but extra protection would not go astray." She smiled, before taking his now empty glass and dragging it across the bar towards her. "Of course, perhaps something a little stronger this time around." She crouched down again, grabbing a new bottle and a new pill, before resurfacing and repeating her actions of before. No matter how long it took she would take control, she would see him hit the floor and she would have her way with him.

"You're friend has quite the mouth," she said, before taking a sip of her drink, Etzolix's attempts to disarm the situation swept away by a passing comment. He was calling himself Inarius, not a name she was familiar with, but it told her one thing. Etzolix was playing a character, too. Nothing was what it seemed, but at the same time, she knew who each and every one of them was. Baffling, mind boggling, she took another drink.
Back to top Go down
Blueman

Blueman

Open For Business Empty
PostSubject: Re: Open For Business   Open For Business Icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2013 10:40 am

"Thanks," Jake stated blankly. To be honest, he didn't any more of this... awkward tasting liquor but who knew? This time it might actually taste better. "And yes," Jake said while stifling a small laugh. "Why yes he does." This was too perfect-- with any luck, these two would piss each each other off and he could have his lover's quarrel to watch; it had been a long time since two people who 'loved' each other had mauled one another in front of his eyes. Though, he did wonder about something there were bottles of liquor easily accessible for her to turn around and grab on the back shelf. They weren't to cheap; weren't too expensive, and required less effort to grab then the one she just went for. And this woman was the clever sort. She calculated even her small moves to some extent, he would imagine. So why waste the energy? This action was irrelevant to the facade, he believed. No, there was something else happening, but he couldn't identify what though he was fraught with suspicion.
Back to top Go down
Etzolix

Etzolix

Open For Business Empty
PostSubject: Re: Open For Business   Open For Business Icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2013 4:24 am

"I'm sure you miss it." He said shrugging. He didn't have anything clever to say so he resorted to that and didn't particularly care about the game any of them were playing. He wanted things to get interesting already but it seemed that she hadn't been slipping something in his drink considering that he hadn't reacted to it yet and he assumed it would've happened. "So when are you two going to quit the charades?" He asked currently waiting to see how they would respond. The two were manipulators and they were all aware of each other but they were trying to extract information but if the cards were on the table how would they react? He wasn't sure so he needed to push some cards open with a cliff hanger and then close it up so they wouldn't have to completely reveal themselves. "There's obviously other business waiting to be attended. Mr. Griffon isn't a man to simply indulge with strangers. You should ask yourselves why he's still around." He said somewhat putting the man on blast and making it seem like there was some ulterior motive he was aware of. Which he might have been.
Back to top Go down
Yukina

Open For Business Empty
PostSubject: Re: Open For Business   Open For Business Icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2013 1:52 am

The half-empty glass rocketed from her hand, barrelling through the air towards Etzolix. It wouldn't hit him, she expected him to move, but the effect was undeniable.

"Must you ruin all my fun?" she teased, dropping any attempts at trying to mask her voice. She emerged from behind the bar, glaring at her 'guest' as she approached the front door. She opened it, slowly, peering outside before waving someone inside. Three people entered, a young girl in a school uniform and two men. They were all armed, all ready for combat at any moment. Yukina stepped away from the door, into the centre of the establishment, before turning her head back to her accomplices. "Lock the door."

One of the men did so, bolts shifting into place behind her with a satisfying click. They wouldn't be interrupted now, not by anyone. The windows were still covered for the renovations, from the outside the place would appear empty and no light would escape it's walls. Her eyes flicked back to the illusionist, eyeing him up and down.

"Is he right? Is there a reason you're here beyond a foolish attempt at toying with me? Because, if there is, spit it out. I don't do well with liars." She smiled, the irony was intentional.

Back to top Go down
Blueman

Blueman

Open For Business Empty
PostSubject: Re: Open For Business   Open For Business Icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2013 9:25 am

The man raised his eyebrow, taking another drink while he himself chuckled slightly at the irony of her statement "I felt like getting wasted?" He shrugged. "I'll assume that they're the reason my men haven't come back yet." With a sigh he shot a slight look of practically no concern at Inarius. Interesting ploy, boy. He turned back around, a smirk across his face. "Excuse me, but is there a bathroom? I need to tinkle and I assume pissing on the stool isn't a very pleasant way for this conversation to continue." His eyes darted back and forth between Inarius and Yukina. "Besides, I'm sure the two of you have some things to discuss. For instance: do you know who it is that summoned him here, lover-girl?"
Back to top Go down
Etzolix

Etzolix

Open For Business Empty
PostSubject: Re: Open For Business   Open For Business Icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2013 1:49 am

Catching the glass instead of letting hit him or the wall he didn't want to cause random glass to be on the floor. That wouldn't be good for the company to waste products like that or whatever. As people came in preparing to fight or at least find out Blueman's reason for being here he wondered why Jake chose to leave them alone. He wouldn't care because he had a means of escape but that didn't really mean he could protect the man if he was secluded. He didn't think they had much to discuss but maybe he was wrong.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Open For Business Empty
PostSubject: Re: Open For Business   Open For Business Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Open For Business
Page 1 of 1