Sohtrie's Source
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sohtrie's Source

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

A second chance. (Open)

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Etzolix

Etzolix

Synch Points : 1650

A second chance. (Open) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A second chance. (Open)   A second chance. (Open) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2013 9:46 pm

Creating another portal to where they had ended up meeting he had heard the end of the conversation. Or at least the female's question. "Huh, interesting." Etzolix said as he noticed that her level of synchronization seemed to be less than that of the man. Despite the fact that the man was using some type of magic which he assumed had to do with the kick that happened or whatever was involved in surviving that fall she didn't seem to have anything in particular interesting happening on her person. Perhaps she did something else then. Could it really have been what the man had been talking about? That feeling of intrusion or however he described it? Eh, wasn't that important.
Back to top Go down
Blueman

Blueman

Synch Points : 1330

PostSubject: Re: A second chance. (Open)   A second chance. (Open) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2013 10:41 pm

"You did something," he insisted sternly. He glared into her, looking into her false courage. She had only moments before tried to hid from them, to flee from their presence. "If you had did nothing, you have not fled us. I saw it in your eyes before you left girl. I knew it." He pushed closer to her, bringing his face as close to her head as possible. "Concern. Uncertainty. You're new to this place aren't you?" He practically cackled. "Lost girl, all alone in a lost world never to be found. You have no friends here, or enemies. You get to choose right now: are you my enemy?"
Back to top Go down
Iscia

Synch Points : 550

PostSubject: Re: A second chance. (Open)   A second chance. (Open) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2013 1:42 am

As the man essentially shoved his face into her's, she leaned backwards a bit out of discomfort. Being a diplomat before she left on her journey left her with a keen sense, but even she didn't need that to know that this was not a very good situation. Her pursuer clearly knew she'd done some scanning, although she wasn't keen on just letting anyone have that information.... or any really. Instead Iscia decided to play for time, something she could always use a little more of...
My you are persistent, aren't you? Listen, it is rather rude of you to make demands of me, especially when we have even yet to be formally introduced.
This comment was made with a rather blank face of her own. She was afraid, but she also learned how to keep much of her emotions out of dealings when she was being a spoker of peace amongst her people. She felt it might irritate someone who had such a short temper, but she was ready if they tried anything... her still concealed hand ready to move at a moment's notice....
Iscia Glaci, Ser.
Just a gentle touch of spitting tone was added to the final word. She wondered if provoking this man so subtly was the best option, but if he was the agent she thought he was, then there was naught she could say that wouldn't spark anger anyways.
Back to top Go down
Etzolix

Etzolix

PostSubject: Re: A second chance. (Open)   A second chance. (Open) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2013 1:57 am

Nudging his elbow into the side of the man he just met he said, "Eh? Eh? I think she's diggin' you." He said looking back and forth between the two with his eyes. This made it seem as if he wasn't looking at either of them but was instead looking out into space for some reason or another. "Y'know what they say," He began ready to lead up into something that no one has ever said ever, "First the name and then the number." If Blocks was here he would have added a winky face to the whole scenario.
Back to top Go down
Blueman

Blueman

PostSubject: Re: A second chance. (Open)   A second chance. (Open) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2013 2:12 am

Jake ignored the stranger, exerting himself as the larger presence. "You are in no position to decided what is and isn't rude, Iscia Glacia." He emphasized her name, almost whipping it back into her face with his voice. "I would suggest you drop your hand to your side," he said in a deep and angry voice, "before you do something you might regret." He readied his hand-- he would counter her should she strike. Legs, arms, head. He had plans for all of it in his head. He was stronger than her. Smarter than her. More patient than her. "If you do not answer me, you can learn my name when you stand before the city of Abaddon as an insurgent, plotting something against her and her consuls. You get one final chance before the police and PMCs have their way with you: are you my enemy?"
Back to top Go down
Iscia

PostSubject: Re: A second chance. (Open)   A second chance. (Open) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2013 2:22 am

Insurgent? Abaddon? PMCs?... What exactly was this man babbling on about.... She wasn't in any position to make a false move, and decided to humor the man. Perhaps she might find out more about what exactly happened from him, but being alive generally helps with that agenda, and this man was a tad unstable to be sure... Biting back some pride she decided to play along.
....I am not your enemy...
She, rather slowly, dropped her hand down to her side. It was a bit difficult but for the time being she would hear him out. Biting back the desire to correct his mispronunciation of her last name, she carefully pressed onwards.
What are you proposing here?
Curiousity couldn't be helped here, and perhaps may have been a saving grace, perhaps the natural idea of learning what this man was talking about would in fact be the savior and deterrent she needed... Or.... if he actually had a fair proposal....
No, that must be nonsense she thought. Surely this man was unstable, and the jeering of the peanut gallery was certainly doing no good. The most impressive part of all was the apparent lack of reaction from the crowd around them, other than to make a small pocket in which they could freely move.
Back to top Go down
Etzolix

Etzolix

PostSubject: Re: A second chance. (Open)   A second chance. (Open) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2013 2:32 am

"In short: Age is just a number. He's pretty sure a new member to the dimension could use a good shagging and all that jazz." He turned to the man, "Am I right?" He said this as if he knew he was right. He was just talking for the sake of talking since he had nothing to contribute at all.
Back to top Go down
Blueman

Blueman

PostSubject: Re: A second chance. (Open)   A second chance. (Open) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2013 2:37 am

"I didn't think you were this annoying when I first met you," he huffed to the man while placing a palm against his face. He had withdrawn himself from the female's area-- he'd made his point, and she'd submitted to him for now. "What I am proposing is that you tell me what you did. I know you did something. I felt something that made my skin crawl, like I was being picked apart on an autopsy table. While everybody else had their eyes in the sky, you had your eyes on us. What did you do?" He folded his arms. "That's what I want to know. Then you might be free to go."
Back to top Go down
Iscia

PostSubject: Re: A second chance. (Open)   A second chance. (Open) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2013 2:44 am

Her choices seemed to be limited, but if it would satiate his curiosity then mayhap it was the best course of action. Sighing gently she closed her eyes as she explained what that was.
It's a power I've had since I was a child. I can read people, I can read things about them that most other people wouldn't know at a first glance.
She opened her eyes in pause for just a moment, before adding more, hoping it would keep her from harm.
You have nothing to fear however, I can't read thoughts, just vitals. I know how you move, how you act, your posture, all engraved within my memory now. But that's all, I still don't even have your name, ser.
Not out of sass (Although it likely sounded as though it were, given her tendency to add bite to certain words) but out of a bizarre sort of respect she found in this man's forthcoming she asked him this. Not to know as though he were an enemy, nor to research him but more to know how to address him, should a need arise.
Back to top Go down
Etzolix

Etzolix

PostSubject: Re: A second chance. (Open)   A second chance. (Open) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2013 2:49 am

"So it is you." he said suddenly taking a more serious pose. "I recognized the waves of connectivity from the change of form but was unsure due to other waves being in the mix. However, the only person to have done this was the shape shifter." Making a bit of room he made sure that there wouldn't be an innate hostility between them seeing as he was a shapeshifter and he did just blow the man's cover in front of someone who could, apparently, scan him. Turning to the girl he said, "Can you read me? My friend has a similar ability but it seems not to work on me and I would actually enjoy knowing something external about myself in this dimension. It would be quite a relief." He said genuinely. He couldn't even read himself so all he had was his gut instinct and sure that was nice but extra information would be appreciated.
Back to top Go down
Blueman

Blueman

PostSubject: Re: A second chance. (Open)   A second chance. (Open) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2013 3:37 am

"Or maybe its not me," he said nonchalantly as he kept his eyes to the girl. "I know this shape shifter you speak of. I met him once," he lied with a straight, stern face. "Its no wonder we have similar 'waves' as you called them. He's probably appeared to you as me. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if he's been me several times. In fact, he might even have clones." He looked to the man, and shot a quick glare. He'd win this time. Only for now. Later? Dead. "You scanned him earlier didn't you? What did you see?"
Back to top Go down
Iscia

PostSubject: Re: A second chance. (Open)   A second chance. (Open) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2013 3:44 am

It was difficult to have to say anything regarding it, but she had little choice.
Unfortunately I couldn't read him. It's as though he doesn't really exist at all.... But then, given how they tried to steal my powers, maybe I lost some after all....
This particular blatant lie at the end there, speaking of someone stealing her power, was as much to misguide them as to how powerful she was, as well as it was to almost reassure herself that something DID happen to her powers. There was no one she'd ever met that could escape her powers so readily and without going to extreme lengths. Much less people knowing when she was examining them... something was very wrong, and soon, she would find answers.
Back to top Go down
Etzolix

Etzolix

PostSubject: Re: A second chance. (Open)   A second chance. (Open) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2013 3:55 am

Raising his eyebrows he knew the man was obviously lying but his own personal victory was set. They'd end up meeting soon, that was part of Etzolix's plan: Information. As the girl said she couldn't read him he found this somewhat intriguing. There was also something about powers or something being stolen? He'd set this straight, sorta. "If people sent you to this dimension--whether on purpose or by accident--they are not the cause of your loss of power. Usually when switching dimensions your body adapts to the default level of the "talented". So, your power is still here...you just have to earn it again." He said the last part lightly as if it wasn't a big deal to earn power back. He thoroughly enjoyed the chase for power. It was invigorating. "Pretty sure The Consul over here could help you get a head start. His connections and all that." He said this enforcing the fact that the consul was telling the truth. If anything he wanted to get this shape shifter confused in this scenario. "In this dimension some people have innate abilities as well. Mine seems to be that I just can't be read. It's as if I'm not supposed to exist or something. Who knows." If this were an online chat an "lol" would've been added at the end of his sentence.
Back to top Go down
Blueman

Blueman

PostSubject: Re: A second chance. (Open)   A second chance. (Open) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2013 9:39 pm

Jake furrowed his brow. Odd; first he rats me out and then he plays along with my lie. I don't like it, he concluded. Something was definitely wrong with this, but perhaps it could work to his advantage. He was now armed with two things: the knowledge that this girl could 'scan' others for lack of a better term, and that this man could not be scanned. He didn't buy into the 'I'm not supposed to exist' schtick; everyone is alive for a reason. In fact, most people come to Abaddon out of a need, he'd discovered. Exploration, challenge, escape. Its like desperation to escape the normal pattern of one's life brought them here to start a new one, to be reborn. Plots started to form and he had made his decision: they would talk later, he and the man but for now he would have the girl. "I do have them," he said blankly before adding, "connections, I mean," for clarification. "I can get you essentially anything you'd need, and you are an interesting individual at that..." he rubbed his hand along his chin. "Perhaps you may be worth my time after all."
Back to top Go down
Iscia

PostSubject: Re: A second chance. (Open)   A second chance. (Open) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2013 1:57 am

It was intriguing, this confrontation reeked of abnormal, and these men seemed less like pursuers and more like deranged people. If nothing else they were coherent, at least somewhat... but another dimension? That sounded a bit ridiculous. But if he did happen to be right, then dimension moving explained her loss of powers? This was actually likely if she did move, given her powers were founded in something different altogether. Not just her but the nature around her, all would bend to her whims as though she were a ruler among them, perhaps even a deity.
Raising her own brow she continued on the conversation, especially given she was gathering free information. It was hard to believe, but it did fit, and there was no reason not to believe in it, so she humored them...

Anything I need huh?....
A small smug grin creased the side of her lips as she closed her eyes and spoke in a bold tone. It was just her being a brat, but for the first time in a long time, it felt like an appropriate response.
I can see you want my help, coaxing me with offers like that, but what if there's nothing I need of you?
It was dangerous, but even then she truthfully was just being playful now. Maybe they'd see that, maybe not, either way she was getting free knowledge.
Back to top Go down
Etzolix

Etzolix

PostSubject: Re: A second chance. (Open)   A second chance. (Open) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2013 2:05 am

Not having anything else to contribute he just put his hands behind his head all relaxed like and would let their conversation continue. They were talking about connections and all that stuff. None of it was really meant for him so he wouldn't needlessly speak now that his part in educating her had been done. He figured he'd want the information if he was new to this dimension and hadn't been aware of the interdimensional travel that occurred.
Back to top Go down
Blueman

Blueman

PostSubject: Re: A second chance. (Open)   A second chance. (Open) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2013 2:08 am

"If there's nothing you need of me, I assume that means you won't help me. Since you're alone in the city, I suppose that means I have no reason to keep you alive. Its not so much your help I want as a mutually beneficial relationship, but if you aren't willing to provide that for me, then I can't very well have you running around being able to detect me. I abhor the sensation."
Back to top Go down
Iscia

PostSubject: Re: A second chance. (Open)   A second chance. (Open) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2013 2:14 am

I see... very playful indeed, she thought to herself. I think I can have fun with this one...
Well when you put it that way...
She said this, adopting a more flirtatious posture, and continued on.
Then what choice have I but to accept? Mr.?
There it was, the key. A name. Many things come of a name, many more things than most people realize. It's something she learned early on, from a close friend...
Back to top Go down
Etzolix

Etzolix

PostSubject: Re: A second chance. (Open)   A second chance. (Open) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2013 2:17 am

Still not having anything else to contribute he kept his hands behind his head and would let their conversation continue. It seemed that she was trying to use her femininity to her advantage. Perhaps she was saving her skin or perhaps there was a need for this mutual benefit of a relationship. Considering his threat to her he would definitely be contacted by this man at some point. He wondered why there was nothing done now. Was there nothing he could do now?
Back to top Go down
Blueman

Blueman

PostSubject: Re: A second chance. (Open)   A second chance. (Open) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2013 2:19 am

"Jake," he spat. He ignored her flirtatious posture-- whore. "You could have chosen to die too. Glad to see you're at least somewhat smarter than that."
Back to top Go down
Iscia

PostSubject: Re: A second chance. (Open)   A second chance. (Open) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2013 2:24 am

He was playing an interesting game, this one....
Sheesh, can't take some fun huh? Oh well I'll just keep that in mind, Mr. Jake.
She didn't drop the cute act, but she did return to a less flirty posture.
So who's the goon?
She asked this as she pointed out the other man with a thumb, slowly dropping to a more serious tone.
Back to top Go down
Etzolix

Etzolix

PostSubject: Re: A second chance. (Open)   A second chance. (Open) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2013 2:30 am

"No one important." He said in shrugging off the question. He wasn't attempting to be mysterious or sound intimidating. There was a valid sincerity in his voice that showed that he truly believed he was not anyone important nor worth mentioning. Jake would recognize both the tone and the answer for it was mentioned mere moments before the portal had opened.
Back to top Go down
Blueman

Blueman

PostSubject: Re: A second chance. (Open)   A second chance. (Open) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2013 2:35 am

"I'll get to him in a minute." He glanced at the man's bulge discreetly. "All I know is that he's... somewhat armed. Likely dangerous." He took a pin and paper from his pocket. "Here's what: meet me at this this address in an hour." He hastily scribbled down a street corner-- it was actually very close by. "You're coming with me. As for you," he looked at the man. "You know where to find me."
Back to top Go down
Iscia

PostSubject: Re: A second chance. (Open)   A second chance. (Open) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2013 3:27 am

This was proving to be rather interesting indeed.... Iscia took the note and nodded, agreeing to the man's terms.
Fine. I was getting bored anyways.
Armed eh? They were definitely non-sort, to be sure, but armed? This was going to be a rather interesting day.
Back to top Go down
Etzolix

Etzolix

PostSubject: Re: A second chance. (Open)   A second chance. (Open) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2013 3:32 am

"Oh, this one likes the attention." He said the same way he nudged towards him before. His hands were still kept in place this time as he nodded when it was understood that they would end up meeting and he would have to initiate the interaction. Apparently, these two would be having their own intimate one. "So, I'm guessing we're done here? Nothing else interesting? You guys have a meeting to attend to in an hour so I'll let you go." He said winking, metaphorically. He didn't really need to wink since the helmet was there and all. Opening a rift he would leave the scene and continue on in other matters or something.

(Topic left)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A second chance. (Open)   A second chance. (Open) - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A second chance. (Open)
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next